The colleges of the SC Technical College System serve a significant number of undergraduates in the state. In fact, nearly half of all South Carolinians enrolled as undergraduates in South Carolina’s public higher education attend one of our sixteen colleges – as much as all the other colleges and universities combined.
More than 35% of these students rely on Lottery Tuition Assistance to achieve their academic and career goals.
Since its inception in 2011, the System has made over 340,000 LTA awards.
In order to qualify for Lottery Tuition Assistance (LTA), a student must meet ALL of the following minimum requirements before being awarded:
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form and complete the process to determine eligibility for federal student aid each academic year;
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident that meets the definition of an eligible non-citizen under State residency statutes;
- Be a legal resident of South Carolina as defined in applicable State statutes governing the determination of residency for tuition and fee purposes;
- Be enrolled at the time of the grant disbursement as a degree-seeking student in a minimum of six credit hours for the term and be making satisfactory academic progress;
- Verify that he or she does not owe a refund or repayment on a State Grant, Pell Grant or a Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant and is not in default on a loan under the Federal Perkins Loan or Federal Stafford Loan program; and
- Not be a recipient of the HOPE, LIFE or Palmetto Fellows Scholarships.